The Odisha government on Thursday constituted a technical committee comprising experts to study reports of Coronavirus infections amongst people in the State who have completed the full schedule of Covid-19 vaccination.
The 8-member technical committee is headed by Ajaya Kumar Parida, Director of Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar.
According to a notification issued by the State health department, the panel will study the incidence, spectrum of microbiological and clinical presentations and their outcome in such suspected/confirmed break through COVID-19 during post vaccination period.
“It has now come to the notice of the Government that a number of suspected &/or break through Novel Corona virus infections are being reported amongst the people in the State who have completed the full schedule of COVID-19 vaccination,” the health department notification said.
“This needs further epidemiological, microbiological, immunological, genomic & clinical studies for planning and preparedness of the State for possible future waves of COVID-19,” it added.
The health department further said the Technical Committee will report its observations to the State for guidance and further action.
• Dr. Ajaya Kumar Parida, Director, ILS, Bhubaneswar -- Chairman
• Dr. Niranjan Mishra. Director, Public Health - Member Convener
• Dr. Sanghamitra Pati, Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar — Member
• Dr. Kaushik Mishra, Superintendent, SJMCH, Puri — Member
• Prof. Dr. Nirupama Chaini. Prof & HOD. Microbiology, SCB, MCH, Cuttack -- Member
• Prof. Dr. M.R. Pattnaik, Prof & HOD, Pulmonary Medicine, SCBMCH, Cuttack -- Member
• Prof. Dr. J. K. Panda, Prof & HOD. Medicine, SCB MCH, Cuttack — Member
• Prof. Dr. Pradipta Sekhar Patro, Prof & HOD. Rheumatology & Clinical Immunology, IMS & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar — Member