Bhubaneswar: Reviewing the Covid19 situation in State on Tuesday, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik asked officials to prioritize fire safety and medical oxygen facilities in hospitals besides scaling up testing, tracking in areas that have been reporting a higher number of COVID cases.
"To slowdown the infection rate, we have imposed lockdown for two weeks. So far, the lockdown enforcement has been going on well, however there is still scope for improvement in some places. Fire safety and medical Oxygen logistics should be a top priority for district teams. This should be monitored round the clock,” Patnaik said.
Reviewing the Covid19 situation in State on Tuesday, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik asked officials to prioritize fire safety and medical oxygen facilities in hospitals
Patnaik also directed officials to continue testing, tracing and containment in full swing with special focus on vulnerable areas.
Some of the other focus areas that the CM directed to put emphasis on are:
1. To take direct feedback from doctors who are manning the ICUs and HDUs and act on their suggestions.
2. Vaccination program will be a top priority and fool proof arrangements should be made. To take care of elderly, women and other vulnerable sections in the vaccination drive.
3. To keep a close watch on private hospitals treating covid patients. They must charge within the ceiling fixed by government. In case of any lapses, strict action should be taken against the hospital management.
4. Helplines in Covid hospitals should be strengthened and families must be informed of the patient status regularly.
5. To use CMRF to help people in distress during this difficult time.
Finally, asking the officials to ensure quality healthcare to the people the CM said, “Our Government is one of the very few Governments that is providing testing to treatment, food, accommodation, medicines everything free of cost to the people. This has helped people cutting across economic strata, especially the poor to fearlessly avail treatment in the best facilities. Its a huge resource allocation for the government and I would like each one of you to ensure quality in services to the people.”