• otv
Mrunal Manmay Dash

Bhadrak: Panic gripped the Bhadrak District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) after the Diesel Generator (DG) room located adjacent to the COVID ward caught fire on Thursday.

As per the initial reports, the fire was caused by an electric short circuit in the DG room.

Following the outbreak of the fire, the firefighters deployed in temporary camps at the hospital premises swung into action and doused the blaze before it could spread to the hospital wards. District Collector Gyana Das, SP Charan Singh Meena rushed to the spot and took stock of the situation.

Though no major damage was reported in the blaze, the power supply to the COVID ward was disrupted causing inconvenience to more than 80 patients admitted there.

As per the latest reports, the officials of the electricity department are on the spot to replace the cables and restore the power supply in the hospital.

Speaking to the media, Collector Gyana Das said, “There is no fire inside the hospital or the COVID ward. It was a minor accident caused by burning of some old cables in the DG room which are being replaced now.”

Other Stories