After the detection of a series of Covid-19 positive cases, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) has sealed the office of the Judicial Complex in the Capital city for three days starting today.
As many as 15 judicial employees and many more advocates were reportedly found positive for Covid-19 recently.
BMC sealed the complex following a request by the registrar of the District Court, Khordha to the Commissioner of the civic body.
“In larger public interest and with a view to contain further spread of virus the office of the Judicial Complex, Bhubaneswar i.e. District Court Khordha which includes office of the Endowment Commissioner and office of the Bar Association are hereby sealed for a period of three days from September 24 to September 26, 2021,” stated BMC in a press release.
Following conditions will be strictly adhered to during the time period:
- The premises of Judicial Complex, Bhubaneswar shall be sanitised with immediate effect by the head(s) of the above offices in strict adherence to the guidelines issued by Government of Odisha and Government of India.
- No one shall be allowed to move into or from outside the premises of Judicial Complex, Bhubaneswar during the period of sealing, except the authorised personnel of Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation.
- The detected positive cases are directed to remain in isolation at their respective residences. Further, if any positive case needs medical attention, the head(s) of the offices are to intimate the same to BMC immediately.
- The head(s) of the offices are to intimate BMC in case of symptoms observed in staff, other than those already detected positive for their immediate testing and isolation, if found positive.
- In case of any emergency, the head(s) of the offices are to contact BMC control room (Mob: 7847873040) or 1929 for immediate assistance.
- An RT-PCR test camp shall be conducted for all officials and staff of Judicial Complex, Bhubaneswar on September 27, 2021 in which all officials, staff, housekeeping and security personnel shall be tested invariably.
(Edited by Pradeep Singh)