• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Suryakant Jena

At least seven people were taken in critical condition after a cooking gas cylinder exploded at a village in Khordha district on Thursday morning.

As per sources, a fire broke out from an LPG gas cylinder during cooking at a house in Gambharimunda village under Banapur police station limits.

Some neighbours of the family rushed to the house to douse the flames. But the strong blaze engulfed the cylinder causing a massive explosion despite all control measures.

One of the family members of the house and at least six others who had come to aid sustained serious burn injuries in the mishap.

Reports said, all seven of them have been shifted to hospitals in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack for critical treatment.

Informed, team of fire brigade rushed to the village and quenched the fire that had broke out in the house due to the mishap. More details are awaited.

Other Stories

scrollToTop