• otv
Mrunal Manmay Dash

At least 15 persons were taken ill, including an eight-year-old child, after inhaling ammonia gas which reportedly leaked from a prawn processing plant and an adjacent ice factory at Paradip Garh on Sunday.

Three persons, including the child, were shifted to SCB hospital in Cuttack after their health condition deteriorated.

As per the reports, technicians and experts from nearby industrial area have been called to assist in the efforts to contain the leak.

Speaking about the mishap, Assistant Director of Factories and Boilers, Chandrakant Dalei said, “A hose pipe burst at the Laxmi Narayan Exports in Paradip Garh this morning. The people working there, who came in immediate contact of the gas, were provided first aid at a nearby hospital. Later, we had to shift three persons to Cuttack.”

“The Additional SP has already ordered an enquiry into the incident and we will be able to comment further only after receiving the report,” Dalei added.

Other Stories