Jagdalpur: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today vowed to take "revenge" for yesterday's Naxal ambush in which 15 security personnel and a civilian were killed in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, saying the attack could be an attempt to disrupt the Lok Sabha polls.
"We will definitely take revenge," he told reporters here.
The Home Minister, who is on a day-long visit to Chhattisgarh to review the situation arising out of the killing of 11 CRPF personnel, four Chhattisgarh policemen and one civilian in Sukma district, said the probe into incident will be conducted by the National Investigation Agency.
Asked how the "revenge" will be taken, Shinde said like in the past the central and state forces will jointly conduct anti-Naxal operations and hunt down the Maoists involved in the ambush.
"We know where they are," he said.
The Home Minister said the incident could be an attempt to disrupt the general election beginning April 7, but said authorities would ensure that the polls will be as successful as the assembly elections held in Chhattisgarh late last year.
"It could be an attempt to threaten the Lok Sabha polls.
We will conduct the election as successfully as we have done during during the assembly polls. We will provide adequate forces," he said.