Railway issues 10 new rules & features for passengers from July 1
Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: Amid so much confusion in the minds of railway passengers already, the Indian Railways has come up with some new changes and facilities that is likely to get implemented from July 1. With many changes in the recent times, ten more features and rules have been issued that may or may not benefit the rail users.
Passengers are advised to scroll down to see the complete list of changes made and the new rules to be implemented..
- The waiting list will end and the facility to run from the railway side will be provided with confirmed tickets for the passengers in the trains.
- After the cancellation of Tatkal tickets from July 1, 50 per cent of the amount will be refunded.
- From July 1, there has been a change in the rules of the instant ticket. Tickets will be booked for AC coach from 10 am to 11 am, while sleeper coaches will be booked from 11 am to 12 pm.
- From 1 July, the facility of paperless ticketing is being started in the capital and centenary trains. After this facility, there will be no paper ticket in the Centenary and Capital Trains, but tickets will be sent to your mobile.
- Ticketing facility is going to start soon in Railway Overseas Languages. Till now, passengers get tickets in Hindi and English, but after the new website, tickets can now be booked in different languages.
- There is always a rush for the ticket in the railway. In this way, the number of coaches will be increased from July 1 to Century and in the capital trains.
- In order to provide better facilities in trains during rush hours, there is a plan to introduce alternative train adjustment system, facilitate train start and drive duplicate of important trains.
- Railway Ministry will run a facility train on July 1, on the lines of Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto and Mail-Express trains.
- From July 1, the Railway is going to shut down the premium trains completely.
- Facilities will be provided for refund of 50 percent rent on ticket withdrawal in trains. Apart from this, 100 rupees on AC-2, 90 rupees on AC-3, 60 rupees per trip on sleeper.
This apart, the Indian Railways has come up with an additional feature to facilitate the passengers during their journey. In this new feature, the passengers can avail Wakeup Call-Destination Alert Facility wherein they will get an alert before the destination station arrives.
As per sources, passengers will be able to activate the backup call-destination alert facility on their PNR by calling 139.
This feature, named as ‘Destination Alert’, will alert the mobile even before the destination station arrives. To activate the feature, after typing ‘Alert’, the commuters will have to type their ‘PNR number’ and send it to 139.
If not this, they will have to call 139, choose the language and then dial 7. After dialing 7, the passengers will have to dial PNR number and the service will be activated. This feature has been named ‘Wakeup Call’.
Activating this service will cause a mobile bell before the station arrives and the bell will ring until passenger receive the phone. After receiving the call, the passenger will be informed that the station is about to arrive.