Bhubaneswar: The central government on Friday launched the “Mera Ration Mobile App” in the country to facilitate the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ system-related services among the National Food Security Act (NFSA) beneficiaries.
Developed by the government in association with the National Informatics Centre (NIC), the app will facilitate several services to migrant beneficiaries, FPS dealers, and other relevant stakeholders.
Below are major highlights of the app:-
- Mera Ration Mobile App app will also help in identifying the nearest fair price shop. It will benefit those ration cardholders who will move to new areas for livelihoods.
- Currently, the app is available in English and Hindi but subsequently, it will be launched in 14 languages identified on the basis of places where most migrant people move.
- With the help of this app, beneficiaries can easily check details of food grain entitlement, recent transactions, and the Status of their Aadhaar seeding.
- The benefits under the facility can be availed at any fair price shop (FPS) across India.
- One Nation-One Ration Card was started initially in 4 States in August 2019 and has now been rolled out in 32 States and UTs by December 2020. However, its integration still remains to be seen in 4 States and UT namely Assam, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, and West Bengal will be completed soon.
- The system covers around 69 crores NFSA beneficiaries which accounts for 86 % of the NFSA Population.