IRCTC Tatkal, Non-Tatkal online ticket booking timing, refund & security details
New Delhi/Bhubaneswar: The Indian Railways has brought in some new rules to strengthen the online ticket reservation system, including the Tatkal booking.
Some of the measures taken by the government are:
- Six tickets (maximum) in a month can be booked from one user ID and it can be extended to 12, if the ID is Aadhaar verified
- A maximum of two tickets can be booked during opening advance reservation period between 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
- A user can have only one login session active at one point of time either from multiple windows of same browser or different browsers.
- Quick book functionality (single page for booking tickets) is not accessible from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- Besides Captcha code, an additional security question is asked randomly after passenger input page related to user personal information- user name, mobile number, email etc.
- A minimum input time has been set at 5 seconds for different input page.
- Irrespective of the number of passengers, only 25 seconds is provided for to fill the commuters’ details in the passenger detail form.
- To carry out payment, a minimum time check is set at 10 seconds.
- Online mode of payments- net banking, one-time password (OTP) system- mandatory.
- Ticket Agents are not allowed to book tickets from 08:00 am to 08:30 am, 10:00 am to 10:30 am and 11:00 am to 11:30 am. Besides. Aadhaar Card is mandatory for agents’ registration.
Refund against Cancellation of Confirmed/RAC/Wait-List Tickets
Taking cognizance of misuse of Tatkal scheme, IRCTC doesn’t have ‘refund’ rule for confirmed Tatkal tickets. However, it can be refunded in some exceptional cases:
- If the train is delayed by over three hours at the journey originating point of a passenger and not his boarding point- if the passenger’s journey originating point and boarding point are different.
- If the train is to run on a diverted route but the passenger is not interested to travel on that route.
- If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In case of non-attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
- If the passenger has been provided a lower class in which he/she does not want to travel.
- In case of RAC and wait-listed tickets, refund will be made only if the confirmed ticket is present for cancellation up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- The refund of fare will be made after deducting the clerkage.