IRCTC Railways’ Premium Tatkal rules & Ticket refund charges; New changes you need to know
Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has brought in a few changes in the ticket booking system wherein passengers will have to be cautious before booking normal tickets as well Tatkal and Premium Tatkal tickets. This apart, IRCTC has clarified about refund in case payment is Settled but Ticket Not Booked and Settlement failed and ticket not booked. Here’s all you need to know:
- New quota as Premium Tatkal (PT) Quota is being introduced by Railway with dynamic fare pricing.
- Dynamic fare stands for the fare component which may be increased with the subsequent bookings.
- Opening days booking to be allowed on/after 10:00 hrs.
- Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of Premium Tatkal ticket booking is same as Tatkal ticket booking.
- Agents will not be allowed to book tickets in this quota.
- Dynamic fare shall be charged for confirm passengers.
- RAC/ Waitlist Ticket Bookings are not allowed.
- Only E-tickets will be permitted for booking.
- I-ticket Booking is not allowed with this Quota.
- No concession shall be applicable in this Quota.
- Child passenger will be charged with full fare.
- Identity card number of the prescribed proof of identity is required at the time of booking.
At least one passenger should travel with his/her ID card in original which was used at the time of booking.
- No refund is given to passengers in case of cancellation of confirm PT quota ticket.
- All rules for Tatkal quota booking over internet is applicable to Premium Tatkal quota also.
The online payment at IRCTC involves complex system of technical and telecommunication networking integration between customer’s Internet bandwidth, IT system of banks and payment gateways and is dependent on internet connectivity across various constituents.
Any failure or delay in this complex network may cause transaction failure before completion. This can raise the situation of money debited from the account but ticket not booked with the following possibilities:
In case of Payment Settled but Ticket Not Booked, it may be due to these reasons.
- Passenger opted for particular berth at the time of booking and ticket not booked due to choice of Berth not available.
- Other reasons such as network failures etc.
Amount is credited back on next day to the respective Bank. And then the Bank credits back the amount within 2-3 working days in Account through which booking was done.
When the Settlement is Failed and Ticket Not Booked, this is due to System or network failure at Banks end or at PG before remitting Ticket Amount to IRCTC.
In such cases, the amount is not credited to IRCTC Account. Amount is with Bank and the Bank will refund the money after due verification.