IRCTC: Railway Passengers Know These Norms If Your Train Ticket is in Waiting List
Bhubaneswar: If you love travelling by train, then you must be aware that the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is the prime authority which handles the catering and tourism operations of the Indian Railways. It offers online e-ticketing facility for trains 120 days before the date of journey.
Passengers who book tickets are assigned specific status which can be waiting (WL), RAC (Reservation against Cancellation), or confirmed (full berth).
If you are allotted status of WL, then your ticket is in waiting list. Knowing these important details will help you a lot when your ticket’s status is WL.
- Wait-listed candidates are provided confirmed seats under auto upgradation scheme done by PRS (Passenger Reservation System) at the time of charting.
- The names of passengers whose status is fully confirmed or fully RAC after preparation of charts, can undertake journey after their names appear on charts.
- Passengers whose names are partly confirmed or party wait-listed or partly RAC, their names will appear along with the other wait-listed passengers.
- Cancellation of e-tickets by passengers or agents can be done only before the preparation of the charts.
- Passengers whose names do not feature in charts are left out fully and are not allowed to board the train with reservation.