IRCTC: New Tatkal Ticket, Cancellation Charges and More
For the benefit of passengers looking to travel on trains at short notice, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), the e-ticketing arm of Indian Railways provides the Tatkal booking facility. It can be availed on payment of premium charges on a first come first served basis.
Here are some major points to look before opting for Tatkal ticketing facility
- Travellers can book tickets online via IRCTC official website- irctc.co.in. Or go for offline mode by approaching nearest reservation counters.
- A maximum of four passengers per PNR (Passenger Name Record) can be booked on Tatkal tickets.
- Tatkal booking opens at 10 am for AC classes and 11 am for non-AC classes one day in advance of the actual date of journey.
- Tatkal Charges have been fixed at 10% of the basic fare for second class and 30% of the basic fare for all other classes
- Web Ticket agents have been permitted to book only one Tatkal ticket per day per train and barred from booking between 10 and 12 noon.
- Changing of name facility is not allowed for passengers opting for Tatkal ticketing scheme
- If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours from the journey-originating point of the passenger, the Indian Railways grants full refund. But in case the train originating and boarding points of passenger are different this would not be applicable.
- Passengers can claim full refund of ticket in case the train runs on a diverted route and his/her destination or boarding station does not fall on the route.
- Passenger does not need to furnish any identity proof while Tatkal booking but he/she wil have to produce any identity proof in original during the time of journey.
- In case a passenger is not provided accommodation in a coach which has not been attached but earmarked for Tatkal facility, he/she can also claim refund of funds.