IRCTC: New scheme for Indian Railways’ waiting list passengers; all you need to know
Bhubaneswar: The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation has rolled out a new scheme named- VIKALP to provide confirmed berths to wait-listed passengers of all train types and classes in alternate trains.
The implementation of the latest scheme is considered to be hugely advantageous for the wait-listed travelers who generally face lot of hassles.
Here are some of its key features…
- Under this scheme also known as alternate train accommodation scheme, passengers put under waiting list irrespective of booking quota or concessions can choose a maximum of five alternate trains.
- Train list once selected under VIKALP scheme cannot be changed and once successfully opted, passengers cannot opt for a change.
- Passengers may be shifted to an alternate train that can leave 12 hours before the scheduled departure time of their primary train that they had booked in since boarding and the termination stations might change
- Passengers will not be charged extra nor would not be refunded for difference of fare between their original and alternate train including Tatkal charges under this scheme.
- The scheme does not assure confirmed berth as it depends on the availability of seats and train.
- Preference of accommodation in alternate trains is based on departure time of trains selected by the passengers.
- Passenger will need to stay updated on the PNR status after final preparations of charts of the alternate train because in some situations travelers might get dropped or re-allotted in alternate train due to last minute change in composition of the alternate train at the time of chart preparation.
- All types of passenger related enquiry on VIKALP scheme can be obtained by dialing Call Centre (139), or at PRS Enquiry Counters, Passenger Operated Enquiry Terminals installed at stations and web enquiry on www.indianrail.gov.in
- A VIKALP- opted passenger after given an alternate accommodation will be considered a confirmed passenger and the cancellation rules will apply accordingly
- Passengers who opted for VIKALP facility and remain fully wait-listed after charting, will only be considered for allotment in the alternate train.
- VIKALP-opted passengers, both waiting and those provided accommodation in the alternate train will not figure in the wait-listed charts of their original train. Rather a separate list of passengers transferred to the different train will be pasted along with the confirmed and wait-list charts.
- Passenger allotted alternate accommodation can travel in the alternate train on authority of original ERS/SMS but will not be allowed to board the original train if allotted alternate accommodation.
- Passengers who have been ensured accommodation in alternate train will be considered normal passengers in alternate train and will be eligible for up gradation, cancellation.
- When opted VIKALP, a passenger will not be allowed to change the journey. If required the travelers have to will have to cancel the ticket and book a fresh ticket for modified journey.
- Failing to make journey in the alternate train, a passenger who had opted for VIKALP can claim for refunds by filing a TDR request.