Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: The IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation) is all set to launch its own payment Agreegator IRCTC-iPay. In a recent tweet shared by IRCTC, it stated that IRCTC-iPay will be available on the official website by August 18 as PCI-DSS security certificate has been granted to IRCTC.
The new feature IRCTC iPay provides all payment options like Credit Card, Debit Card, International Card, Auto Debit, UPI, Wallets etc, the tweet added.
IRCTC eWallet is a scheme under which user can deposit money in advance with IRCTC and can be used as payment option along with other payment options available on IRCTC for paying money at the time of booking tickets.
Salient features of IRCTC eWallet are:
User Authentication: IRCTC eWallet users will be verified and authenticated through their PAN OR Aadhaar in an Online Verification Process.
Secured Access: IRCTC offers secure booking through IRCTC eWallet by providing Transaction Password/ PIN Number that is required to be entered for every booking done through IRCTC eWallet.
Complete History: User is provided with a separate link namely IRCTC eWallet that offers IRCTC eWallet Transaction history, IRCTC eWallet payment History & change transaction password options.
Easy Refund: In case of ticket cancellation, the due refund will be credited to your IRCTC eWallet Account next day.
Account Renewal: IRCTC eWallet account has a validity of 3 years from the date of registration of the scheme. Account renewal does not require any Fee payment.
7 Easy steps to register and book ticket through IRCTC eWallet:
1. Login to IRCTC with your existing IRCTC user id and password.
2. Click the "IRCTC eWallet Registration" link under IRCTC eWallet Section in the "Plan my travel" page.
3. Complete Verification process by providing PAN OR Aadhaar and other details.
4. Deposit one time registration fee of Rs.50/-(Excluding Applicable Taxes) online with any of the available payment options.
5. Membership fee and Redemption is subject to change at the discretion of IRCTC.
6. Credit the IRCTC eWallet account with the minimum deposit of Rs.100/- and top up with the required booking amount. Maximum a
mount permitted in user's account is Rs. 10,000.
7. Pay ticket booking amount through IRCTC eWallet which is displayed as payment option along with other Banks.
Note: Registration Fee: Rs 50 + Applicable Taxes (non-refundable)
Transaction Charge: Rs 10 + Applicable Taxes per transaction
No cash refunds / No redemption allowed.
IRCTC eWallet balance can only be used for booking railway tickets.
IRCTC eWallet service can only be availed by users registered with Indian Nationality and with Indian Mobile Number