IRCTC Alert: Now Tickets At 100% Concession For Railway Passengers
New Delhi: Indian railways is the fourth-largest railway network in the world by size and lakhs of people are dependent on it for their traveling requirements. Railways offer concessions to certain categories of these passengers which may vary from 10 percent to 100 percent. These reductions in fares are available for senior citizens, disabled passengers, patients, students among others.
Passengers must need to follow guidelines laid down by the Railways to avail these concessions.
- The holder of a rebated ticket is not allowed to change the ticket to a higher class by paying the difference of actual fares.
- Concession is not admissible for a journey where the cost of travel is borne by central/state governments/ local bodies/ corporations or government undertakings, universities, etc.
- No person is allowed two or more concessions simultaneously.
- The concession is admissible on basic mail/express/ Rajdhani/Shatabdi/etc fares only and not on ‘ordinary’ fares applicable to passenger trains & superfast trains.
- Concessions can be availed only when tickets are purchased online or across the counter at stations and not on trains.
Here are the detail concession rates for each type of passengers.