Dehradun: A fire was broke out in the C4 compartment of the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express today, due to a short circuit.
Uttarakhand DGP Ashok Kumar informed that the incident happened near Kansro. However, the fire was brought under control and all the passengers were safely evacuated with no injuries, he said.
A fire broke out in the C4 compartment of the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express today, due to a short circuit. The incident happened near Kansro. All passengers were safely evacuated, no injuries reported: Uttarakhand DGP Ashok Kumar pic.twitter.com/iTIwSkxCWS
— ANI (@ANI) March 13, 2021
"At around 12.20 PM a fire incident was reported on the Shatabdi Express between Kansrao and Raiwala railway stations in Uttarakhand," said a railway official.
The train had left New Delhi for Dehradun on Saturday morning.
As per reports, the 35 passengers in the C-5 coach were later shifted and adjusted in other coaches.