Assam Floods: NF Railway to add additional coaches in popular trains
Bhubaneswar: Northeast Frontier Railway today decided to add additional coaches in some popular trains connecting important cities of upper and lower Assam affected by the recent floods.
As per official sources, nearly 30 districts have been affected by the deluge which has adversely disrupted the road connectivity causing problems to people.
This has also resulted in heavy rush in trains due to disruption of road communication. To mitigate the problem of stranded passengers, N.F. Railway has decided to add additional coaches in some popular trains connecting important cities of upper and lower Assam.
The details are as under:-
- One Second class coach will be added in i) 12068/12067- Guwahati – Jorhat Town Jan Shatabdi Express,
- 55725/55726- New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar Jn passenger
- 55753/55754- Alipurduar — Guwahati passenger
- 15717/15718- Guwahati-Mariani passenger
- 55820/55819- Guwahati-Mendipathar passenger from 17 to 24 July, 2019
Two Second class coaches will also be added in – 15928115927- New Tinsukia- Rangiya Express on July 17,20,21,23, & July,24, 2019 from New Tinsukia and on July 19,20,22 &July,23 2019 from Rangiya
15968/15967- Dibrugarh- Rangiya Express on July 18,19 & July22 , 2019 from Dibrugarh and on July 17, 18, 21 & July 24, 2019 from Rangiya, informed Chief Public Relations Office, Pranav Jyoti Sharma.