• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Odishatv Bureau

Making a big announcement for its government employees receiving salaries under the 7th Pay Commission recommendations, the Uttar Pradesh administration has come up with a mega Diwali bonus for them ahead of the festival celebrations. If the latest reports are anything to go by, Yogi Adityanath-led government is likely to bestow 30-days Diwali bonus on its 14 lakh employees. The employees will avail the salaries along with the bonus before the festival.

Apart from the Diwali bonus, the UP government has also announced a hike in dearness allowance (DA) for non-gazetted officials. As per an order issued by Additional Chief Secretary Sanjiv Mittal, government employees, work charge employees and those working with aided educational institutions, technical education institutions, urban local bodies, and district panchayats would get 30 days ad hoc bonus subject to a maximum of Rs 7,000, reported ZeeBiz.

Reports claimed that these employees get salaries ranging from Rs 47,600 to Rs 1,51,100 under the 7th Pay Commission recommendations.

Even the employees in Class III and Class IV will also get the Diwali bonus. ZeeBiz further mentioned that of the total bonus amount, 75 percent would be deposited in the provident fund (PF) while the remaining 25 percent would be paid to them in cash.

Reportedly, the bonus granted to all these employees would cost about Rs 900 crore to State exchequers.

Other Stories