5 injured in Uttar Pradesh as helium balloons catch fire

Lucknow: Five children were injured in Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday when decorative helium gas-filled balloons exploded and caught fire, police said.

The children were part of an event in the village of Hisavada, where Bihar Governor Satyapal Malik arrived.

Hisavada is Malik’s native village and to make the occasion special, the locals had put up many balloons at the event’s venue.

However they caught fire as the Governor arrived, injuring five children.

The Governor, however, did not sustain any injury, a police officer said.

The injured children have been admitted to a nearby medical facility where they are out of danger.

}