Odishatv Bureau

In yet another opportunity for the job seekers, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a recruitment notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for the posts of Assistant Chemist, Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation. The posts are permanent and reserved for SC and General candidates.

As per the notification, applications have been invited for five Assistant Chemist posts while the scale of pay will be Level-8 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th Central Pay Commission.

Scroll down for details of the recruitment General Central Service, Group `B’, Gazetted Non- Ministerial:

Age Limit: 30 years.

Educational Qualification: Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Agricultural Chemistry or Soil Science from a recognized University/Institute or equivalent

Note: Equivalent degrees to M. Sc. Degree in Chemistry or Agricultural Chemistry or Soil Science is M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry.

(B) Experience Required: Two years experience in Ground Water Analysis and Ground Water Chemistry.
NOTE: Qualification are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.

DUTIES: Chemical analysis of water samples including trace elements, heavy metals and organic compounds and assistance to Chemist. Compilation of analytical data of water sample for data quality, computerization of chemical data and preparation of report. Preparation of water quality reports, submission of progress reports and taking up field chemical analysis as per requirement for specific studies. Taking upfield studies including on the spot water quality analysis.

HQ: Central Ground Water Board, Central Head Quarter, Faridabad (Haryana) with All India Service Liabilities.

Candidates are requested to apply only Online against this advertisement on the Online Recruitment Application (ORA) website http://www.upsconline.nic.in and NOT write to the Commission for Application forms.