UGC Jobs 2020: Direct Recruitment Announced, Check Vacancy Details
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has released a recruitment notification for Joint Secretary, Deputy Secretary and Director positions. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions before the deadline.
The last date to apply for the UGC jobs is October 3, 2020.
UGC Jobs 2020 Vacancy Details
Joint Secretary (04): Qualifications
a. Officers under the Central Government, State Government, Universities and Autonomous bodies
(i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre/department or (ii) With 5 years’ of service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in pay level-12, Rs.78,800-2,09,200/- or equivalent in the parent cadre/department.
b. Possessing the following qualifications 5 years of experience in educational administration.
(i) The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed five years.
Deputy Secretary (01): Qualifications
a) First class Master’s Degree of a recognized University with a good academic record
b) At least 7 years’ experience of teaching/ research in University or college or Educational Administration in higher education
c) Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre/department; or
d) With 5 years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in pay level 11, Rs 67,700-2,08,700 or equivalent in the parent cadre/department.
Director – 01: Qualification
Eligibility: Officers of All India Services/ Central Secretariat Service(Selection Grade) or in the equivalent grade or immediately lower grade with five years service in that grade. Failing this UGC officers of Joint Secretary level will be considered for appointment on transfer on deputation basis.
Period of Deputation: By transfer on deputation or on contract. Deputation/contract period will be maximum for five years or 60 years of age whichever is earlier.
Nature of Duties: Internal management of UGC administration
Scale of pay: Pay Level – 13a Rs.1,31,100 – 2,16,600 plus usual allowances as admissible from time to time to UGC employees on deputation basis.
Age limit: 56 years as on the last date of application as per DoPT rules
1. The eligibility of the candidate shall be determined as on the last date of submission of the application form.
2. Number of posts is tentative may vary and the UGC reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of posts and may or may not fill any post(s)and its decision in this regard shall be final.
3. The UGC reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates.
4. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the UGC reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
5. A candidate has to submit separate applications if he/she desires to apply for more than one post.
6. The prescribed qualifications are minimum and mere possession and fulfillment of the essential and desirable qualifications for a post does not entitle the candidate to be called for interview/ test as may be decided by the UGC. Applicants having higher qualifications or merit may be given preference.
7. The selected candidates would be entitled to the benefits of CGHS and allotment of residential accommodation in the General Pool in their turn at Delhi. Residential accommodation of UGC is also available at its Regional Office at CRO-Bhopal and will be provided accordingly. The employees of the UGC are also eligible for the Lite Insurance Corporation Group Saving Linked Insurance Scheme as made applicable from time to time.
Click HERE for more details related to the UGC Jobs 2020.