Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released an official notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for recruitment to the posts and services under the Odisha Civil Services (Group-A and Group-B).
The registration process for the civil services exam would begin on January 12, 2021, and the link for registration and payment of examination fee will be available till February 11, 2011. (Note: The last date for submission of registered online application is February 18, 2021). Interested and eligible candidates can visit the official site of OPSC (opsc.gov.in) and apply as soon as the process begins.
As many as 392 vacancies would be filled up through this recruitment drive. Applicants are advised to scroll down for details on eligibility criteria, selection process, and other information regarding the civil services exam.
Name of the Post, Number of Vacancies and Pay Scale
1. Odisha Administrative Service Group-A (Junior Branch): 137 Posts. They will get Rs 56,100 in level-12-Cell-I in the pay matrix under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules 2017.
2. Odisha Police Service Group-A (Junior Branch): 6 Posts
3. Odisha Finance Service Group-A (Junior Branch): 104 Posts. The scale of pay for OPS and OFS is same as OAS.
4. Odisha Co-operative Service (ARCS/AGCS) Group-B: 8 Posts. Those selected will get Rs 44,900 in level-10-Cell-I in the pay matrix provided under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules 2017.
5. Odisha Revenue Service Group-B: 74 Posts.
6. Odisha Taxation & Accounts Service, Group-B: 63 Posts. The scale of pay for ORS and OT&S will be same as OCS.
Odisha Civil Services Exam: Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: Those who want to apply for the civil services examination must have a Bachelor’s Degree from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section-3 of the UGC Act 1956, or a foreign university approved the Central government.
Age Limit: Applicants' age should be between 21 years and 32 years as on January 1, 2020. However, the age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC/Women/Ex-servicemen and by 10 years for PWDs whose permanent disability is 40% or more.
Examination Fees: Candidates are required to pay Rs 500 as examination fees. The fees paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment. However, SC, ST and PWD candidates are exempted from payment of fees.
For full details of the civil services exam, candidates can visit the official site of OPSC. CLICK HERE FOR FULL NOTIFICATION.
Odisha Civil Services Exam: Important Dates
Opening date of application: January 12, 2021
Closing date of application: February 11, 2021