The Intelligence Bureau (IB), Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has invited applications for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Grade II/ Executive.
IB ACIO Exam 2020 will be conducted to fill 2,000 vacancies under General Central Service, Group C (non-gazetted, non-ministerial). Online applications are invited from Indian citizens for direct recruitment to the vacancies notified.
"The post involves All India Service liability. Therefore, the candidates willing to serve anywhere in India only need to apply," the IB has said.
"Appointment to the post will be temporary. However, appointment in permanent capacity will depend on various factors governing permanent appointment in such post in force at that time," the IB has said.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of an online test, a descriptive type test and interview. Candidates appearing in interviews may be subject to Psychometric/Aptitude Test which will be a part of interview.
- Candidates should be between 18 to 27 years. The upper age limit is relaxed for candidates of reserved categories.
- For SC/ST category, the upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years while for OBC category, the age limit is relaxed up to 3 years.
- The upper age limit is relaxed up to 40 years of age for departmental candidates who have rendered three years of regular and continuous service.
- For general candidates, the age limit is relaxable up to age of 35 years and up to 40 years for SC/ST in case of divorced women, widows and women judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried.
- For ex-servicemen and candidates who were domicile in J&K, the age limit is relaxable.
- For meritorious sportsperson, the age limit is relaxable up to 5 years, as per rules.
Selection Process For IB ACIO Posts:
Selection will be done on the basis of three rounds. First the candidates will have to clear the written exam – Tier 1 and Tier 2. This will be followed by Tier 3, the interview round.
IB ACIO 2020 Recruitment Details
Opening date of registration: December 19
Closing date of registration: January 9
How To Apply: Online at mha.gov.in
Exam fee: ₹ 600 for Male candidates of General, EWS and OBC categories; ₹ 500 for others
Payment can be made through Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/ MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, SBI Challan, UPI, etc.
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted through online registration only. Aspirants need to log in on the website at www.mha.gov.in or www.ncs.gov.in. The candidates must take a note that, no other modes of application submission is accepted.
Once the application form is duly filled up, the candidate will receive an ‘Application Sequence Number/ASN’ on their registered mobile number and registered email ID. Candidates must note down the ASN for future reference.