Civil Services Exam Interview Dates Announced: UPSC To Reimburse Airfares Of Candidates
Bhubaneswar: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has decided to conduct the Personality Tests (interviews) of Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020 from April 6, 2021.
Earlier, the results of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020 were announced by UPSC on March 23, 2021.
The e-Summon Letters of Personality Tests (Interviews) of the candidates will be made available shortly on the official UPSC website. No request for change in the date and time of the Personality Test (Interview) intimated to the candidates will be entertained, UPSC notification read.
Considering the current COVID 19 pandemic situation, the Competent Authority has decided to reimburse the lowest ‘to’ and ‘fro’ air fare for traveling by Air India or any other private Airlines to the outstation candidates for attending interviews/ PT boards subject to the following condition:-
– Opt for cheapest flight ticket under economy class among the airlines operating in the concerned sector immediately after downloading the e-summon letter;
– Book the air tickets either directly from the Airlines (Booking counters, websites) or through the travel agents authorized by Deptt. of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance viz. Ashoka Tours & Travels, Balmer & Lawrie and IRCTC only;
– Air Tickets booked through Private travel agents viz. MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Goibibo, Ease My Trip etc. will not be reimbursed;
– The nearest airport will be determined on the basis of the address given by the candidates in their Detailed Application Forms (DAFs).
– Bring hard copies of Air Tickets (To & fro journeys) showing the details of air fare along with Boarding Pass (For onward journey only) for reimbursement.
– Second/ Sleeper class train fare (Mail Express) will be reimbursed if the candidate perform their journey by Rail irrespective of Class in accordance with para 132 of service rule.
Candidates are instructed to strictly adhere to the above conditions while making their travel arrangements for attending the PT Boards of CSE 2020. It may be noted that in case of deviation from the above conditions the TA claims of the candidate may not be considered, the notification added.