How To Make Lipstick At Home Naturally?
Pic Credit: idnes.cz
Tired of using all those chemically-infused lipsticks regularly? Or are you fed up with the shades currently available in your favorite brand and want to try out something new? For both reasons, the best way is to try out making a lipstick at home with natural ingredients. And surprisingly it is very easy to make your lipstick.
All you have to do is pick up a bunch of kitchen ingredients and get started. Importantly, lipsticks made in this way at home are free from chemicals, safe and inexpensive.
DIY Lipstick Made From Sweet Almond Oil
You can prepare lipstick using sweet almond oil and beeswax at home. For this, take 2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil, 1 teaspoon of shea butter or cocoa butter, 1 teaspoon of beeswax and 1-2 drops of essential oils (any of your choice). For coloring, you can use either food color or beetroot powder in small quantities or according to the color you want.
For keeping the prepared lipstick you will need a tin or an empty lipstick tube.
• Heat shea butter, sweet almond oil and wax in a double boiler to melt them.
• Add the food color of your choice or beetroot powder for getting a deep red color. Use cocoa powder for obtaining a nude shade.
• Remove these ingredients from the heat and immediately add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for
fragrance and nourishment. Essential oils like peppermint, lavender, lemongrass, or cinnamon go best with lipsticks.
• Pour in a tin or lipstick tube and cool it.
Advantages Of DIY Lipstick
• Lipsticks made using natural ingredients at home are free from toxic chemicals and hence are safe for use in all seasons.
• You can prepare lipstick of any shade or a customized shade that matches your particular outfit or taste in this way.