Respite for Baahubali Prabhas after High Court Hearing

In December last year, Serlingampally mandal revenue officials have reportedly seized Baahubali Prabhas’ guesthouse at Rai Durgam following which the Rebel star had moved court.

Later, the Hyderabad High Court had directed the Registry to post Prabhas’ plea before a division bench looking into Paigah properties’ matters. Prabhas had alleged that the revenue authorities were interfering in his property at Raidurg Pan Maktha.

The actor said that the authorities had entered his land and attempted to dispossess him without any notice. He had purchased the land in parts in 2005 and 2006 and had paid Rs 1.05 crore for regularisation. However, his application was pending with the revenue authorities but they had tried to demolish structures on the land.

The property of the Rebel star falls in Survey No: 46 and as per a recent ruling of the Supreme Court, the entire 84 acres extent of the land in the above survey number belongs to the government. Following the ruling of the apex court, the concerned authorities had started taking possession of all the properties falling under that survey number and the Baahubali’s guesthouse also came in Survey No: 46.

Meanwhile, as per a report of Tollywood.net, the Telangana High on Tuesday refused Prabhas to hand over the guesthouse as it falls under the CS-7 litigation zone. However, in a respite to him the court directed the state government to reconsider the Baahubali star’s plea to regularise the roughly 2,000-square yard land at Raidurgam in Hyderabad.

The High Court also slammed the revenue officials for forcefully seizing Prabhas’ guest house and suggested the government to introduce an amnesty scheme benefitting genuine purchasers. The Court reportedly said, “This will earn thousands of crores of rupees for the government as per CS-7 of 1958 act.”

On the work front, Prabhas’ next ‘Saaho’ is expected to hit the theatres on August 15.