• otv
Vikash Sharma

Bhubaneswar: Notwithstanding the chorus for postponement of National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) and the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), the National Testing Agency (NTA) on Friday categorically stated that the exams are on course and will be held on the dates previously announced.

In a statement, NTA highlighted the Supreme Court order which said, "We find that there is absolutely no justification in the prayer made for the postponement of the examinations in questions relating to NEET UG-2020 as well as JEE (Main), 2020. In our opinion, though there is a pandemic situation, ultimately life has to go on & the career of the students cannot be put in peril for long and a full academic year cannot be wasted."

“..the examination is going to be held with due precautions and it is not going to be postponed. Thus, we find no merit in the writ petition," NTA quoted the SC.

As per the latest notification, NTA stated that due to COVID-19 the JEE (Main) candidates were provided 5 opportunities to change their Centres. A total of 6,61,911 candidates availed this opportunity and they were considered for Centres based upon their latest (revised) option.

The admit cards are ready for JEE (main) examination scheduled to be held from September 1 to September 6, 2020. Till date, out of 8,58,273 candidates, 6,49,223 have downloaded their admit cards.

"Out of the total candidates, 99.07 per cent have been given the first choice (centre) of their preference. So far, only 120 candidates have requested for a change in the centre cities allotted to them, which is being looked into sympathetically," the NTA said in its statement.

The admit cards for the NEET (UG), scheduled to be held on September 13, are scheduled to be released shortly. Out of the total of 15,97,433 candidates, 99.87 per cent are being given the first choice of their preferred city.

Also Read: Postpone NEET-JEE 2020, BJP MP Subramanian Swamy Writes to PM Modi

 

Other Stories