Union Minister for Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Tuesday announced the University Grants Commission (UGC) Guidelines on Academic Calendar for the 1st year of Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Students of the Universities for the Session 2020-21 in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Commission at its meeting held on September 21 approved the UGC Guidelines on the academic calendar for the first year of UG and PG students for the 2020-21 session taking into account the current pandemic situation.
The admissions to the first-year programmes for the session 2020-21 will be completed by the end of October 2020. The last date for admissions to fill up the remaining vacant seats shall be November 30, 2020.
The Academic Session 2020-21 may commence from November 1, 2020, for first-year students, informed the Minister.
Accordingly, the following calendar has been suggested for the academic session 2020-2021:
- Admission Process (To be completed) 31.10.2020
- Commencement of Classes of above students
- Fresh batch (First Semester/Year) 01.11.2020
- Preparatory Break 01.03.2021 to 07.03.2021
- Conduct of Examinations 08.03.2021 to 26.03.2021
- Semester Break 27.03.2021 to 04.04.2021
- Commencement of Classes for Even Semester 5.04.2021
- Preparatory Break 01.08.2021 to 08.08.2021
- Conduct of Examinations 09.08.2021 to 21.08.2021
- Semester Break 22.08.2021 to 29.08.2021
- Commencement of Next Academic Session for this Batch 30.08.2021
If there is a delay in the declaration of result of the qualifying examinations, the UGC has said that the universities may plan and start the academic session by November 18, 2020. The teaching learning process may continue in offline/online/blended mode.
In order to avoid financial hardship being faced by the parents due to lockdown and related factors, full refund of fees be made on account of all cancellation of admissions/ migration of students, up to November 30, 2020, for this very session as special case.
To be crystal clear, the entire fees including all charges be refunded in totality (Zero Cancellation charges) on account of cancellation/migration up to November 30, 2020. Therefore, on cancellation/withdrawal of admissions up to December 31, 2020, the entire fee collected form a student be refunded in full after deduction of not more than Rs 1000 as processing fee.