Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: In what could be a bumper offer for the students who want to build a career in the railway sector, the Indian Railways is soon going to recruit eligible candidates to fill up more than 60,000 Group D vacancies under Railway Recruitment 2018. Aspirants should apply online to avail a job in the country's biggest sector, Indian Railways.
Details including vacancies, eligibility, age limit, application fee have been given below.
Group-D Posts Available: Gateman, Track Maintainer, Pointsman, Helper in Electrical/Mechanical/Engineering/Signal & Telecommunication departments, Porters, Cabin-Man, Gang-Man, Key-Man, Switch-Man, Track-Man, Lever-Man, Shunter, Welder, Fitter, Gr. ‘D’ (Store).
Educational Qualification: Applicant should have passed class 10th or should have passed ITI from a recognized board.
Application Fee: General and OBC candidates will have to pay an application fee of Rs 100, whereas ST/SC/PWD/Ex-Servicemen/Female/Minorities have been exempted from payment of application fees.
Age Limit: Applicants' age should be between 18 and 31 years as on July 1, 2018. However, there is age relaxation for reserve category candidates.
Selection Process: The selection of candidates will be based on an online or written test, and later an interview will be conducted.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply online through the official website of Railway Recruitment Board from Feb 10, 2018 to March 12, 2018.
- Visit the Official Website of RRB.
- “Indian Railway Group ‘D’ Recruitment Notification 2018” link will appear.
- Clink on the link and read the notification before filling the application
- Click on apply online
- Once you click on it online application processing system will open
- Now, Click on “New Registration” and fill all the details required
- Upload a passport size photograph, signature and pay Application Fee
- Finally, submit application and take a print for future reference
Important Dates (Tentative):
Starting Date of Application: Feb 10, 2018
Closing Date of Application: March 12, 2018
Admit Card Download: Yet to be declared
Exam Date: Yet to be declared
Total number of vacancies: 65000 posts. However, the category-wise vacancy has not been announced yet.