JEE Main 2021 February Session Exam Begins
Bhubaneswar: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main-2021 conducted by the National Testing Agency kicked off across the country on Tuesday with all Covid-19 guidelines in place.
According to official sources, more than 6 lakh candidates are appearing the February session exam. A total of around 22 lakh students across the country will appear for the test which will be conducted in four sessions this year.
As many as 5, 04,540 students have applied for March 2021 cycle, while 4, 98,910 for April and 5, 09,972 for May cycle, said sources.
More than 40,000 candidates from Odisha will appear for the JEE Main 2021 at 85 centres across 16 places in the State. The centres have been set up at Angul, Dhenkanal, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Puri, Balalsore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, Keonjhar, Kendrapara, Mayurbhanj, Sambalpur, Rourkela, Berhampur, Koraput and Jeypore.
In view of the COVID-19, special arrangements have been made by the authorities for the safety of the candidates and to keep the virus at bay.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the (Main) February 2021 in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The exam will be held in 331 cities across India and abroad from February 23 to February 26, 2021.
JEE Main exam 2021 will be conducted in two shifts- the first from 9 am to 12 noon and the second shift from 3 pm to 6 pm.
Last Minute Instructions
- Candidates should ensure that they are carrying important documents like admit card, passport size photo, the government authorized photo identity with them before stepping out for the exam.
- Candidates are advised to report at the examination center 2 hours before commencement of the examination.
- Wearing face masks and hand gloves will be mandatory.
- Candidates need bring their personal hand sanitizer in 50 ml transparent bottles.
- Candidates should not carry electronic devices, bags, eatables in their bags
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)