Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conitnues to take cricial students-friendly initiatives. In yet another such step, the Board has decided to extend the facility to all students whose sports events clash with Board exams.
It is worth mentioning that CBSE had in March 2018, said that to facilitate the students who are participating in International Sports Events and studying in CBSE affiliated schools in Class X or XII for the purpose of appearing in the Board's examination.
The decision was taken as part of the initiatives taken by the Government of India to promote sports amongst youth.
Now, to further promote sports, CBSE has decided to extend this facilitation to students of all classes where their Board examinations coincide with their participation in any National/International Sports event including dates of journey for that event that is recognized by Sports Authority of India and the student will be representing India.
For such students, their examination will be conducted at a later stage as decided by CBSE, a release of the Board read while releasing Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for all such students.
A Look at the Details of the SOPs
- Students will have to give their request to their schools. These activities must be completed before 31st January of an academic year.
- Schools will have to request Sports Authority of India for their recommendations.
- Schools need to send their recommendations along with recommendation of Sports Authority of India to Regional Office.
- Regional Office will have to send approval to the schools before 5th February of the academic year.
- Conduct of rescheduled examination will be done between 1st April and 15th April of the examination year for all candidates.
The Board further notified that in no case such candidates will be permitted to appear along with the compartment exam as the compartment examination is conducted only for those candidates who got compartment in the main examination.