• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Vikash Sharma

Bhubaneswar: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Saturday permitted students to change their examination and practical centres for the upcoming Class 10, 12 board examination.

In its latest notice, CBSE said, “It has come to the notice of the Board that because of the Covid pandemic, some students of Class X and XII along with their families have shifted to some other city/country and therefore, they are unable to appear in the practical examination, theory examination from the school/ examination centre from where the students are registered for the Board examination. Looking into the problem, CBSE has decided to permit the change in examination centre.”

Here’s the process to make a request for change in exam, practical centres:

- It is mandatory, that student concerned should have been issued Roll No. for the Examination by the CBSE.

- Student concerned will make a request to the school requesting to change the theory examination centre/practical examination centre or both (as the case may be). While making the request student will also inform the school and the city (state), student would prefer to appear in the theory examination/practical.

- Based on the request received by the school from the student, school will login into school account on the CBSE website and submit the details of the student i.e. Name of the student, Roll No., Change required in theory, Change required in Practical, Change required in both, required city/country etc.

- The choice of city from where student wishes to appear in the examination, should be submitted carefully as no change will be allowed once request is submitted by the school.

- In case change for both theory examination centre and Practical is required, both will be changed to one city only. Two separate centres i.e. one for theory and one for practical will not be allowed.

- Based on the request, CBSE will allot the examination centre in the same city or in neighbouring city. Decision of the CBSE will be final.

- During the conduct of practical examination, marks will be uploaded as per instructions by the school from where student has appeared in the Practical.

-School from where student was registered will mark "T" i.e. Transfer case in front of the name/R.No of the candidate in the online link.

- Result of these candidates will be declared from the Regional Offices from where they were registered.

“All the Regional Officers will ensure that marks of all such candidates are uploaded on website till 11th June, 2021. In case, there is any candidate who is suffering from Covid and not able to appear in the practical examination, school can also make a request for change of city through the same login id,” the notification read.

The schedule for the entire process will be as follows:

- Students can send the request to their school by 25th March, 2021.

- School will upload the requests latest by 31st March, 2021. No request beyond the above schedule, in any case, shall be accepted by the CBSE for change of centre.


Other Stories