Odisha Covid-19 Update: 434 New Cases, 5 Death In 24 Hours
Bhubaneswar: Odisha reported 434 fresh Covid-19 cases while five patients succumbed to the disease in the last 24 hours, said the Health department. With this, the coronavirus infection tally rose to 3,20,017 while the death toll in the State mounted to 1,755.
As per the data released by the State Health and Family Welfare Department today, three death were reported from Ganjam district and one each patients succumbed to Covid-19 in Khordha (Bhubaneswar) and Nayagarh.
Of the fresh cases reported from 28 districts, 249 are from quarantine centres while 185 are local contact cases, informed Information & Public Relations Department.
Khordha reported the maximum 54 cases followed by Angul (45), Sundargarh (41), Nuapada (30), Bolangir (29), Cuttack (28) and Mayurbhanj (27). Gajapati, Kandhamal and Nayagarh district recorded zero fresh cases during the period.
Odisha reports 434 fresh cases of #Covid19, virus tally rises to 3,20,017
– New cases in quarantine: 249
– Local contacts: 185
(I&PR dept) pic.twitter.com/TyrEVXq5Mw
— OTV (@otvnews) December 3, 2020
The health department has also shared the details of the Covid-19 patients who succumbed while under treatment at hospitals during the period.
- A 57-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & COPD.
- A 59-year-old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 54-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 82-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 52-year-old male of Nayagarh district.
A total of 37,069 samples were tested in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative tests to 59,77,970 in Odisha. After today’s surge, the State’s active caseload stood at 4,815 while 3,11,256 patients have so far recovered from the infection.
(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)