Odisha Covid-19 Update: 393 Fresh Cases, 6 Deaths Reported In A Day
Bhubaneswar: The number of new coronavirus infections reported in a day in Odisha continued its downward trend on Sunday. As many as 393 people tested positive for Covid-19, while six patients succumbed to the disease at various hospitals across the State in the last 24 hours, said the Health department.
With this, the coronavirus infection tally in Odisha rose to 3,21,196, while the death toll in the State mounted to 1,771.
Of the fresh cases, 229 were detected from different quarantine centers, while the remaining 164 are local transmission cases, as per the data shared by Information & Public Relations (I&PR) Department.
Khordha reported the maximum 49 cases followed by Sundargarh (45), Mayurbhanj (32), Kalahandi (27), Cuttack (25) and Bolangir (23). Boudh, Kandhamal and Sonepur districts recorded zero fresh cases during the period.
In quarantine: 229
Local contacts: 164
–I&PR Department pic.twitter.com/dbKJWDuQaq
— OTV (@otvnews) December 6, 2020
As per the data shared by the State Health and Family (H&FW) Department, two patients succumbed to Covid-19 in Khordha district while one death each was reported from Kalahandi, Nuapada, Bolangir and Balasore.
The health department has also shared the details of the Covid-19 patients who succumbed while under treatment at hospitals during the period.
- A 47-year-old female of Balangir district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease & Hypothyroidsim.
- A 38-year-old male of Balasore district.
- A 69-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Kidney Disease & Parkinsonism.
- A 65-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension & Carcinoma Tongue.
- A 70-year-old male of Kalahandi district.
- A 45-year-old female of Nuapada district.
The number of active cases stands at 4,102 while the total recoveries have surged to 3,15,270. A total of 41,110 samples were tested in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative tests to 61,43,761 in Odisha.
(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)