Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Saturday laid out the detailed process to be followed for registration of people, who are stranded outside the state and intend to return after the withdrawal of lockdown restrictions imposed in the wake of COVID19 outbreak.
The government has already mentioned that around 5 lakh people are likely to return to Odisha and in view of the large influx of returnees from the other States, the government had announced that registration is mandatory prior to return and will be followed by a mandatory quarantine upon arrival.
Odisha government has asked the returnees to follow these steps for registration:
Log in to the Odisha COVID portal - https://covid19.odisha.gov.in either from mobile or any computer
There are 3 ways to register ONLINE –
- Self-registration– Open the online form after logging into the portal, click on “Self” and give your all details
- Registration through someone else (relative, family member, acquaintance or friend) - In this case, the person registering on behalf of someone else should click on “Local Contact” and proceed to enter the details
- Else, if one wants to register through the local Gram Panchayat or Ward nodal officers, he/she should click on “GNPO/WNO” and fill up all the details
OFFLINE Registration --
A family member, relative, friend or acquaintance of a person wanting to return to Odisha can also register on behalf of the returnee by visiting the local GP/ward and filling up the OFFLINE forms with help of nodal officers.
Aadhaar and Mobile number are mandatory during registration. If one is self-registering he/she should provide own contact number and someone else is registering on their behalf, then the person registering should furnish his/her mobile number
The candidates have to fill up a form in which one has to submit information like personal details, address of residence in Odisha, correspondence address and relative/friend or acquaintance’s name and mobile number for contact.
These are the details to be filled up–
- Category of traveller like student, migrant, labourer
- Name, Age, Gender, Mobile and Aadhaar number
- Place of origin -District and State from where one is returning, details of any other family members accompanying
- Destination details - Gram Panchayat, block, district in Odisha
An OTP will be generated after providing the details by clicking the submit button.
After entering the OTP, a confirmation message will be sent on the registered mobile number on successful registration.