Coronavirus: Restrictions Clamped On Private Vehicles During Lockdown Period In Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government revised its order to restrict the movement of people during the temporary lockdown period which came into effect from March 22 (today) as a precautionary measure against coronavirus. As per the latest order, no private vehicles will be permitted to ply during the lockdown period in five districts and nine towns till March 29.
The five districts are Khurda, Cuttack, Ganjam, Kendrapada and Angul while the nine cities are Sambalpur, Rourkela, Puri, Jharsuguda, Balasore, Jajpur Road, Brajrajnagar, Jajpur and Bhadrak.
Odisha government ordered for the lockdown in these districts as part of its ongoing strategy to contain the spread of coronavirus infection. Odisha is the second state after Maharashtra to take this extraordinary step to combat the growing novel coronavirus nationally.
The lockdown move comes as a precautionary measure as around 3,222 persons from abroad have returned to the State. The returnees mainly belong to these five districts and eight towns. They have been directed to stay in home-quarantine.
Pvt vehicles will not be allowed to ply during #OdishaLockdown period in notified areas during March 22-29 except those belonging to persons engaged in orgs/agencies permitted to operate as listed in Notification. Such persons shall carry valid ID proof/documents #COVID19outbreak pic.twitter.com/zevGKLCpEu
— OTV (@otvnews) March 22, 2020
As per the government’s order, no public transport services including operation of taxis, autorickshaws and other private vehicles will be permitted during the lockdown period. However, vehicles of establishments engaged in providing emergency services will be exempted from any restrictions. The officials and personnel need to carry valid ID cards and other supporting documents.
Here is the list of establishments providing essential services.
1. Offices charged with law and order and magisterial duties like- .Collector, Sub-collector, Tehsil, block
5. Urban local bodies
6. Rail, air, inter-city bus service
7. Electricity, Water and Municipal Services
9. Print, Electronic and Social Media
10. Telecom and Internet Services
11. Postal Services
12. E-Commerce (delivery) of all essential goods and pharmaceuticals and medical equipment
13. Food, groceries, milk, bread, fruit, vegetable, meat, fish, egg and their transport related services and warehousing
14. Takeaway/ home delivery restaurants
15. Hospitals, chemist and optical stores, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and their transport related activities
16. Petrol pump, LPG, oil agencies, their godowns and transport related activities