IRCTC: Indian Railways’ 12 Measures Under New Catering Services You Must Know!
Bhubaneswar: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC), an arm of the Indian Railways, has been in soup for quite some time due to regular complaints of stale food being provided in different trains. To deal with all these problems, the IRCTC has come up with several measures.
Here are some of the measures to improve the catering services. Read on to know details before you board train:
- Revision of Menu of Prepaid trains focusing on quality over quantity
- ‘Ready to Eat’ meals have also been introduced
- Bio-degradable material with airtight sealed cover for packing of meals (in selected trains)
- Revised qualification and experience for on board staff
- Introduction of hand sanitizers & mandatory usage of hand gloves by the staff on board
- Appointment of supervisors for on-board monitoring of catering services
- Real-time monitoring and installation of CCTV cameras in base kitchens
- Upgradation of base kitchens with modern and mechanised equipment
- Billing by POS machines in selected mobile units to avoid overcharging
- Introduction of new uniforms for catering staff on board
- TSV services through refreshment rooms- Jan Aahars and cell kitchens
- Renewal of licences (contract) for the services taking into account performances
Meanwhile, Minister of State of Railways Rajen Gohain recently said that IRCTC is taking over all units in a phased manner and the contracts allotment procedure for running various stalls at railway platforms has been simplified.