IRCTC Alert: Now Train Tickets At 50 % Discount. Here’s Detail
Country’s largest public transporter, the Indian Railways offers various discounts to senior citizens during booking of tickets. The quantum of concessions ranges from 40 to 50 percent of the ticket amount.
As per the official website of the e-ticketing arm of the Railways, www.irctc.co.in., the discounts are available for all classes of Mail, Express, Rajdhani, Doronto trains.
In case of availing the rebates, one should keep these following points in mind.
- Senior male citizens aging minimum 60 years and female citizens of minimum 58 years are eligible for the discounts.
- Women senior citizens are eligible for 50 percent concession while male senior citizens can avail only 40 percent rebate.
- While booking tickets, one should provide accurate information like age and select “avail concession” option under “option for senior citizen concession” section in the passenger details form.
- Passenger who choose to avail senior citizen rebate shall have to carry an age proof during travel.
- In case passengers wish to choose not to avail the concession or even want to donate towards the nation’s development should book the tickets by selecting “forgo full concession” “option for senior citizen concession” section of passenger details form.