• otv

Tag: Electrocuted To Death

Nischintakoili-hospital
Govt Employee Electrocuted To Death In Odisha

Cuttack: An employee of Irrigation department was killed while another sustained critical injuries after coming in contact with a live wire at Lendhura Bhagabanpur under Nemalo police limits in Cuttack district on Thursday. Surendra Nath Acharya and Harekrishna Sethi, employees of the irrigation department, reportedly came in contact with an 11 KV live electric wire […]

poll-staff-death
2 women, minor girl electrocuted to death in Odisha

Khurda: At least three persons, including a minor girl and two women, were reportedly electrocuted to death in two separate incidents in Odisha on Tuesday. Two women were electrocuted at Tentulidihi villager under Balugaon block in Khurda district. The deceased duo has been identified as Bidyut Lata Mohapatra and Mamata Mohapatra. According to reports, the […]

death-due-to-electrocution
Man, Son Electrocuted To Death In Sundergarh District

Sundergarh: A pall of gloom descended on Garada village under Bisra Police limits of Sundargarh district this afternoon after a man and his son were electrocuted to death. The deceased have been identified as Phagu Sahu and his 19-year-old son Prakash. According to reports, Phagu came in contact with a live electricity wire while he […]

Kasturba-Muniguda
School Girl Electrocuted To Death In Rayagada

Rayagada: In a fateful incident, a class VII girl student of Kasturba Residential School in Kumudabali was electrocuted to death after accidentally coming in contact with a live wire on Wednesday. The minor student, Nandini Kadraka, died after she touched a livewire hanging from one of the walls of the hostel room. The incident took […]

poll-staff-death
4 kids electrocuted as live wire falls into pool in Uttar Pradesh

Sambhal: In a tragic accident, four children were electrocuted to death when a live wire snapped and fell into a tube well pool in which they were bathing. The incident took place on Friday evening in Petiyan village in Sambhal district of Uttar Pradesh. The bodies were discovered hours later when a farmer happened to […]

Shocking! Boy electrocuted to death while catching bird

Malkangiri: In a shocking incident, a seven-year-old boy was electrocuted to death atop an electricity transformer at Patanaguda village under Kairaput block in Malkangiri district on Sunday. The deceased has been identified as Rajendra Sisa. Rajendra reportedly had climbed atop the transformer in a bid to catch a bird. Sources said the minor was desperately […]

Sundergarh
Odisha man electrocuted in freak mishap while inflating tractor tyre

Sundergarh: In a freak accident, one person was electrocuted to death as he was launched into air and came in contact with overhead power cables after a tractor tyre burst. The incident occurred in Rasipatara village under Talsara Police limits of Sundergarh district today.  The deceased has been identified as Niru Pattata of Goilo village. […]

elephant-death-up
Tuskers electrocuted in Odisha again

Angul: A few days after the death of seven elephants due to electrocution in Dhenkanal, two tuskers were killed today after coming in contact with live electricity wire in Handapa forest range of Angul district and Deuli forest range of Mayurbhanj. Sources said the pachyderm, who was killed in Handapa, is believed to be eight to […]

Bargarh-electrocution-death
Youth electrocuted to death while cleaning guest house for Diwali

Bargarh: A youth employed in a guest house at Padampur in Bargarh district was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live electric wire while cleaning for Diwali today. The deceased, identified as Rohit Bag was a resident of Belpahar area in Jharuguda district and working at Sitampur Inn in Bargarh. According to […]

Electrocutio-death-Ganjam
Father & Son electrocuted to death in Ganjam

Ganjam: In a tragic incident, a man and his son were electrocuted after coming in contact with a live electric wire at Badapada village under Belaguntha block in the district on Sunday. The deceased have been identified as Abhimanyu Patra and his son Jitendra. As per sources, Jitendra had gone to hang a wet shawl […]

fishermen electrocuted
Two fishermen fatally electrocuted inside pond

Kendrapara: In an unfortunate incident, two fishermen were electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live wire inside a pond in Aiba Brahmapur village under Purushottampur Panchayat under Sadar police limits of the district in the wee hours today. As per sources, the deceased, identified as Gokul Sethi of Kuhudi Arakhya village and […]

couple electrocuted
Couple electrocuted to death in Athagarh

Cuttack: A couple died under tragic circumstances after coming in contact with a live wire in Baunsatangara village in Kundharei panchayat under Khuntuni police limits of Athagarh here on Tuesday. The deceased have been identified as Niranjan Bhujabala and his wife Narmada. As per sources, the incident occurred this morning when Niranjan went to sprinkle […]

2 electrocuted to death, 5 critical

Balasore: Two labourers were killed and five others, including a woman got critical due to an electric shock while installing street lights on premises of Chandipur Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) here in Balasore on Wednesday. The incident occurred on the DRDO’s Military Engineer Services (MES) premises when the labourers were digging the ground […]

Man dies of electrocution on treetop

Bolangir: Tension prevailed in Chatiapali of Bolangir district as a person was reportedly electrocuted after he came in contact with a live wire while pruning a tree branch here on Monday. The deceased, identified as Niranjan Bag from Chatiapali area had climbed atop a tree to chop it when he came in contact with a […]

Jatra artiste electrocuted to death

Jajpur: A female artiste of Baghajatin Lokanatya, Susmita Khatua alias Mani, was electrocuted to death at Duburi village under Sukinda block in the district on Sunday. Khatua was to enact in a play of Baghajatin Lokanatya in the village and therefore she was staying here in a rented house. The iron door of the house […]