• otv

Tag: Cyber Attacks

Cyber-attack
Chinese Group Behind Cyber Attacks On India Identified

London: Security researchers have discovered a Chinese hacking group that has stolen confidential data by attacking government organisations in six countries, including India. Government organisations in India, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Russia, Thailand and Turkey suffered damage as a result of the group’s attacks, said specialists from London-headquartered global security solutions provider Positive Technologies. The Calypso APT […]

cyber crime
'National strategy needed for tackling cyber crime'

New Delhi: Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G. Kishan Reddy said on Wednesday that India needs to strengthen its defence against rising cyber attacks and also formulate a national strategy for reducing the risk of cyber crimes. Reddy was speaking at a conclave on the issue of cyber crime – ‘Towards New National […]

AI-driven Cloud only can protect Indian firms from hackers: Microsoft

Bengaluru: With Indian firms losing millions annually owing to cyber attacks, key leadership across industries are now in a huddle and discussions over securing data is now a critical part of boardroom settings, Keshav Dhakad, Group Head and Assistant General Counsel, Corporate, External & Legal Affairs (CELA), Microsoft India, has stressed. A large-sized enterprise in […]

cyber crime
Sophisticated cyber attacks on Cloud to dominate 2019: Trend Micro

Bengaluru: Cyber attackers will use more sophisticated tools in 2019 to take advantage of the changing technology landscape and prey upon evolving corporate technology environments especially Cloud, cyber security firm Trend Micro has said. The attackers will leverage proven methods against growing Cloud adoption, the firm said in its report late Friday, adding that more […]

cyber-attack-
India witnessing heavy cyber attacks from Russia, US, China

New Delhi:  India has been the target of over 4.3 lakh cyber attacks from five countries including China, Russia and the US while more than 73,000 attacks were initiated from India between January and June this year, says a Finnish cybersecurity company. According to F-Secure’s honeypot data, Russia, the US, China, the Netherlands and Germany […]

UK-Russia
UK accuses Russia's military intelligence of cyber attacks

London: The UK government has accused Russia’s military intelligence service of being behind four high-profile cyber attacks, a media report said on Thursday. The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) late Wednesday said that hackers from the GRU or Russian intelligence, operating under a dozen different names, including Fancy Bear, targeted the systems database of the […]

cyber-crime
34 global tech firms sign key accord against cyber attacks

Washington: Top 34 global technology and securities firms, led by Microsoft and Facebook, have signed a “Cybersecurity Tech Accord” to defend people from malicious attacks by cybercriminals and nation-states. The watershed agreement will prevent them help governments launch cyber attacks against innocent citizens and enterprises. It will also protect against tampering or exploitation of their […]

google-doodle-main1
Less than 10% of Gmail users enable two-factor authentication: Google

San Francisco: Despite the growth of sophisticated cyber threats globally, Google has said that less than 10 per cent of active Gmail users have enabled two-factor authentication making the remaining 90 per cent more vulnerable to cyber attacks. According to Google engineers, compromised passwords are the top way hackers gain access to accounts and all […]

US imposes new Iran sanctions

Washington: The US Treasury Department announced it has imposed sanctions on 11 entities and individuals for supporting Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) for cyber-attacks against the US. The sanctions announced on Thursday targeted one entity engaging in supporting IRGC ballistic missile program, two Ukraine-based entities supporting designated airlines, and two Iran-based networks responsible for […]

NSU
Singapore university staff hit by new cyber attacks

Singapore: Two employees from the National University of Singapore (NUS) were hit by a fresh round of cyber attacks on Thursday. It was reported that the latest attacks undermined the computers of the two employees, including a researcher who worked on a security project funded by the Ministry of Defence, Xinhua news agency reported. According […]