Lee may quit if not selected for World Cup
Lee while expressing his desire to lead the Australian bowling attack during the mega event said, “I hope that I am in it, and want to lead the attack for Australia.”
Lee, who has already announced retirement from the Test cricket, was last month named in the provisional 30-man squad which is supposed to be altered to a 15 member unit during this month.
The fast bowler however remains positive of making a comeback in the ODI side after being overlooked by the selectors for the series against Sri Lanka earlier.
“Hopefully I can bring some experience and different blood back in the team. I’m ready to play, and if I’m chosen, it will be great; if [not] I’ll work out plan B,” Lee told Sydney Morning Herald.
The 34-year-old, who was picked by Kolkata Knight Riders for the IPL-IV, insisted that he has recovered from the injury that kept him out of Twenty-20 World Cup in West Indies earlier last year and said that he was feeling better than ever.
“I’ve been bowling 12 overs each match in the 45-over competition, which is more overs than I could bowl in a 50-over match,” he said while elaborating on his stint with the New South Wales.
“I’m really happy with the way the ball has been coming out? It’s easier on my body not bowling five days straight,” Lee said.
The speedster added, “My pace is back to 150km/h so I’m really happy with where it is at. I don’t look at [myself being] 34 and think I’m past it. I think there are a few good years ahead of me.”
Lee, who is supposed to stage a comeback against a spirited English side during the Wednesday’s T-20 international, has been an important component in shaping Australia’s fortunes in the 50-over game.
Kangaroos have won 11 of their 13 ODI internationals in late 2009 while Lee was at the peak of his form but could only manage to triumph in nine of 21 games while the speedster was sidelined.