Voters in Odisha disgusted with BJD: Ex-DGP & BJP LS candidate Prakash Mishra

Cuttack: After filing nomination papers from the Cuttack Lok Sabha constituency Wednesday, BJP candidate and former Odisha DGP Prakash Chandra Mishra took a dig at the Biju Janata Dal and its leaders alleging that they have been neglecting the problems of the people in all those years of their rule. Mishra said people of Odisha are now disgusted with the BJD and want a change.

Targeting the ruling-BJD, Mishra said, “There is a remarkable turnaround visible among the voters in the State, who are disgusted with the ruling BJD. In the last five years, the level of administration by the Odisha government has hit rock bottom and the people of the State now need a change of guard to free themselves from pain.”

Mishra said Cuttack district and particularly the Millennium City was always very close to his heart during his service period. “I have spent more time in this district and even during my DG tenure, I was staying in the city whereas many of my predecessors were staying at Bhubaneswar. The city has many inherent problems and the present dispensation have consistently neglected it,” he said.

Inspired by the enthusiasm to work for the welfare of people under the leadership of PM Modi, Mishra, also a former Director General of CRPF, had joined the BJP last month.

The retired IPS officer would contest from Cuttack, a traditional BJD seat that had reposed faith on journalist- turned-politician Bhartruhari Mahatab for last five terms.

Apart from Mahatab, Mishra will also lock horns with another seasoned politician, Panchanan Kanungo of the Congress. Polling for the seat will take place on April 23.

Mahatab and Kanungo also filed their nominations papers on Wednesday.

[With PTI Inputs]