Two minor girls electrocuted to death in Baripada

Baripada: In a shocking incident, two minor girls died of electrocution after coming in contact with a table fan at Sadeikala village under Sadar police limits in Baripada on Wednesday. The deceased identified as Rajlaxmi and Sili Soren, are said to be in age group of five to six years.

The incident occurred at around 12 noon when both the girls had gone to watch television at the house of one of their neighbours in the afternoon.

Accidentally, one of the girls first came in contact with the table fan and later another girl also got electrocuted while trying to save her.

“Though we were not present at the spot, we heared that one of the girls tried to turn on the fan that had some technical fault and got electrocuted,” said Biswanathu Soren, father of one of the deceased girls.

}