Two labourers die of asphyxiation in Angul

Angul: Two labourers allegedly died of asphyxiation while they were sleeping inside a house at Gadashila village under NTPC Town Police limits of Angul district last night. Though the identity of the deceased is yet to be established, the labourers were reportedly from West Bengal.

According to sources, they had arrived in Angul two days ago and were engaged as labourers by a resident of Gadashila village.

Prima facie it is suspected that they died after inhaling the gases generated from burning coal which they had used to keep themselves warm during the night, informed sources.

On receiving information, police reached the spot and sent the bodies for post mortem.

The exact cause of death can only be ascertained after a detailed investigation, informed a police official.