Two families rendered homeless after fire mishap in Bhadrak

Bhadrak: Members of two families were rendered homeless after four rooms were gutted in a major fire that broke out at Mruganayani village in Chandbali area of Bhadrak district late on Sunday night.

According to sources, the fire broke out in a house owned by Gobardhan Barik and later spread to the adjoining house of Gobardhan’s brother, Trilochan Barik within minutes in the congested locality.

By the time fire tenders reached the spot and doused the flames, properties worth lakhs of rupees including household stuffs were reduced to cinders in the fire mishap, added sources.

While the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, an investigation is currently underway.