Two elephants die of electrocution

Berhampur: Two elephants were electrocuted on Thursday at Buduli Reserve Forest of Ganjam district.

Forest officials said both the elephants came in contact with an 11-KV electric line in Buduli Reserve Forest in Mujagarh range near Bhanjanagar.

The carcasses of the tuskers, found by the forest officials, had burn marks caused by high voltage current, they said adding efforts were on to ascertain the circumstances that led to the incident.

Sources said involvement of poachers in the incident could not be ruled out.