Traffic restrictions imposed in Bhubaneswar for Durga Puja
Bhubaneswar: With the smart city gearing up for Durga Puja celebrations, the Commissionerate Police issued guidelines imposing restrictions on the movement of heavy vehicles on several roads of Bhubaneswar.
According to a notification issued by CP, the traffic restrictions will be imposed from today till October 20 from 4pm to 2am.
During the period, no heavy vehicles will be allowed to ply in the following routes-
• Khandagiri to Pokhariput via Jagamara and Gandamunda
• Fire Station Square to Sishu Bhawan Square via Paika Nagar, Siripur and Ganganagar
• CRP Square to Power House Square via Stewart School and Unit-8 DAV School
• Jaydev Vihar to Raj Bhavan Square via Behera Sahi and Sastri Nagar
• Jaydev Vihar to Nandankanan via Xavier, Kalinga Hospital, Damana and Patia
• Acharya Vihar to New Airport via Nicco Park Patel Marg, Housing Board, Rabindra Mandap and AG Square
• Acharya Vihar to Kalinga Hospital via Sainik School Square
• Vani Vihar to Sishu Bhawan Square via Ruipali, Sataya Nagar, Ram Mandir, Master Canteen and Rajmahal Square
• Rasulgarh to Lingipur via Bomikhal, Laxmi Sagar, Ravi Talkies, Samatarapur and Kalpana Square and on service roads of NH-16 from Baramunda to Palasuni
• Both side service roads of NH-16 from Baramunda to Palasuni
• Heavy vehicles coming from Khurda Khurda shall be diverted from Pitapalli to Balikuda via Chandaka and Barang. Similarly vehicular traffic may be diverted from CRP Square to Bidyut Marg via Ekamra Villa
• During Ravan Podi, the entire vehicular traffic coming on NH-16 from Cuttack shall be diverted from Jaydev Vihar to CRP Square via Behera Sahi, Sastri Nagar, Power House and Unit-8 DAV
However, police have decided to allow the passenger buses coming from Puri to Bhubaneswar through Lingipur to Baramunda Bus Stand via Samantarapur, Kalpana Square, Raj Mahal Square, Sishu Bhawan Square, Ganga Nagar and Fire Training School.
Similarly, the buses coming from Baramunda to Puri shall be allowed to ply in the same route and diverted at Sishu Bhawan. They will move through Mausima Temple, Museum Samantarapur to Lingipur on NH, the notification added.
The notification further stated that violation of the order is an offence punishable under Section-96 of Odisha Urban Police Act, 2003 and a fine of Rs 500 to Rs 1000 can be imposed.