Ten students taken ill after consuming poisonous fruits in Bhadrak

Bhadrak: At least ten students of Rajpur Tihidi Primary school were taken ill after consuming toxic fruits inside their school premises here on Tuesday.

According to sources, after taking their mid-day meal, some students of the school had consumed fruits from a tree inside the school premises in the afternoon yesterday.

Later the students complained of uneasiness and showed symptoms like nausea and vomiting following the school authorities immediately rushed them to Bhadrak District headquarters hospital.

It is suspected that the students fell ill because of food poisoning. After treatment, the condition of the students is stated to be stable now, said sources.

Meanwhile, the headmistress of the school also reached the hospital and enquired about the health of the students.

“The students were playing in the playground after the school hours and consumed the fruits there. Later they complained of headache and developed symptoms like nausea and vomiting so we had admitted them to the hospital,” headmistress of the school Mahamaya Singh said.

Earlier on December 10 more than forty children were taken ill after consuming leftover food from a feast arranged at Parbatipurvillage in Athagarh block of Cuttack district.