Ten rooms destroyed as fire breaks out at village in Dhenkanal

Dhenkanal: Property worth lakhs of rupees was destroyed after a major fire broke out at Kendudhipa village in Dighi panchayat under Bhuban block of the district in the wee hours of Thursday.

According to reports, locals noticed smoke emanating from the house of one Nrushingh Nayak early morning today. Later the fire spread to neighbouring houses of the village within minutes as a result of which 10 houses were gutted in the flames.

The flames were so intense that villagers could not recover any household items.

“The fire broke out early in the morning and household items including rice, and clothes have totally gutted in the flames. We demand adequate compensation for the losses,” said Nrusingha Nayak, an affected villager.

In another incident, fire broke out near Charchika Bazaar in Jagatsinghpur district resulting in destruction of three rooms of a woman, identified as Nalini Das.

Though the exact cause of the incident has not been ascertained yet, it is being suspected that electric short circuit or fire cracker might be the reason behind the flames.

On receiving information, fire tenders reached the spot and doused the flames.

Similarly, a cloth store was gutted in the flames as fire broke out at Rahama bazaar.

}